Basra Climate & Temperature
- Basra, Iraq is at 30°34'N, 47°46'E, 2 m (7 ft). See map.
- Basra has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Basra is situated in or near the subtropical desert scrub biome.
- The average annual temperature is 24.4 degrees Celsius (75.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.5 °C (38.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 161 mm (6.3 inches) which is equivalent to 161 Litres/m² (3.95 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3319 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Basra you would come out nearest to the climate station at Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Basra, Iraq Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Zanjan, Iran - 683.2 kms (424.6 miles) N
- Teheran, Iran - 657.1 kms (408.3 miles) NNE
- Arak, Iran - 432.2 kms (268.5 miles) NNE
- Khoram Abad, Iran - 322.2 kms (200.2 miles) N
- Esfahan, Iran - 430.4 kms (267.4 miles) ENE
- Dezful, Iran - 197.5 kms (122.7 miles) NNE
- Yazd, Iran - 635.4 kms (394.9 miles) ENE
- Abadan, Iran - 49.9 kms (31 miles) ESE
- Shiraz, Iran - 477.6 kms (296.8 miles) ESE
- Kuwait City, Kuwait - 151.1 kms (93.9 miles) S
- Bushehr, Iran - 342.6 kms (212.9 miles) ESE
- Muharraq, Bahrain - 554.2 kms (344.4 miles) SSE
- Dhahran, Saudi Arabia - 531.9 kms (330.5 miles) SSE
- Doha, Qatar - 698.2 kms (433.9 miles) SSE